Fire stopping for overhead cable management support systems
- Ideal for:
- Fire officers, Architects, Product specifiers, Facilities managers, Electrical consulting engineers and Electrical contractors
- Course Duration:
- 1 hour
- Seminars can be carried out at our Birmingham head office, Legrand Training Centre, Great King Street North, Birmingham, B19 2LF or delivered at client premises anywhere in the UK.
- Contact us:
- Email UK Training
This seminar provides an overview of the issues surrounding the importance of fire stopping for overhead cable management support systems including a look at BS 8519 : 2010.
At the end of the seminar, delegates will have an understanding of:
- The importance of specifying and installing appropriate fire stopping systems
- Specifying a cable management support system which will meet the requirements of BS 8519 : 2010
- How the innovative use of fire stopping on a cable pathway can increase the life and flexibility of a cable management installation
- How to improve operational expenditure (opex)
- Fire protection
- Compartmentation – maintaining fire separation
- What is fire stopping?
- Overhead cable management support systems
- Why should the fire stopping of the cable management support system be considered separately to other systems
- BS 8519 : 2010 – code of practice
- The potential consequences of not fire stopping
- Types of fire stopping systems
- Installation – the good, the bad and the ugly
- Specifier’s checklist
- Regulations and standards
- Further study
Guide to selecting and installing cable management floor systems
This seminar gives an introduction to the benefits and varying types of cable management flooring systems and best practice guidance on selecting and installing floor systems.
Cable management - overhead systems
This seminar covers all types of overhead cable management systems and gives an introduction to selecting the correct system, duty, finish etc.
Guide to specifying and designing a metallic trunking system
This seminar gives delegates an understanding of all types of surface trunking systems and gives guidance on specifying the right system, design criteria, installation and inspection.
Installation and specification of cable ladder and cable tray systems
This seminar examines the structural characteristics, support systems, materials and finishes of cable ladder and cable tray. Delegates will gain an understanding of the installation of the system and cables, maintenance and health and safety.
Visit our training page for more information on the courses offered by Legrand